In the last quarter of 2020 God placed it on my heart to THRIVE in 2021. I knew that certain areas of my life could not remain as they were. Some areas were stagnant and others were just mundanely getting along. I knew that I had to make some changes and a 30 day challenge wasn’t going to be the answer. After praying to God about how I could truly thrive He told me to give it a full year, 365 days of dedication to His word and focusing on only the plans He has for me in the year of 2021. I realized that there were many things in my life that were not serving as purpose to the will of God and needed to be eliminated. Filling our lives up with things that are outside of God’s plan for our lives can have an effect on experiencing God’s best for us. Therefore, we do not want to miss out on recieving His promises in our due season because we are out of focus. Giving anything an entire year brings about true transformation. I have started off this year with prayer and fasting for the first month and will blog about my 365 day transformation journey at the end of this year. I hope that many of you can join me in true transformation over the year. My 365 day transformation may look a lot different than your transformation depending on what God shows you.
Here are some steps you can take towards a greater change over this year:
- Make Drinking water a habit that you enjoy. Decide that you won’t go a day without your recommended portion (8 glasses).
- Get your Beauty Sleep every night. More than ever we need to regenerate our cells to increase health within our bodies and this happens while we sleep.
- Seek the wisdom of God in all areas of your life. Jesus cares about every detail of our lives. Nothing is too big or too small. He cares and has an answer for you. He is our Father and wants the very best for his children. Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to me and I will answer you- I will tell you great and hidden things, which you do not know”
- Journal your year so that you can reflect towards the end of the year. I have different journals for specific areas of my life. Health, Relationship, Finances, which all have a prayer section within the journal. I enjoy writing out my prayers because I can reflect on them and praise God once they are answered!
- Get an advisor or coach that you can trust whether it’s spiritual, financial or health & wellness. Wherever your focus is this year in the area God is calling you to thrive in. Ask God to lead you to the right advisor.
- Accomplish something this year that you have been putting off that you know God has been asking you to do. Blessings are on the other side of obedience to the voice of God. You may be missing out on the blessings you are praying for due to lack of focus and commitment.
- Find a support group or spend more time with the family and friends that support you the most! Being around people that believe in you can propel you to greater heights. We need to be around people who will water us with the word of God. Faith comes by hearing, therefore in order to activate our faith we should spend more time with those who are in the word and speak life over us. This is also a responsibility that we have as well. Encourage yourself and speak life over the things God is calling you to do, speak life over yourself, your atmosphere, and those you come in contact with. Be a light for God!
- Eat Clean!! My mission is being a walking billboard for health and for Jesus. As a Health Enthusiast, I not only want to help others develop healthy habits, I know that I must stick to them myself and also allow myself the flexibility to eat foods that I enjoy just in a healthier way!
- Be ALL IN! Whole-Heartedly. This should be number 1. The scripture James 1:7-8 is a scripture that talks about being half-hearted and since reading that scripture I never want to go about anything in this life half-hearted. It is my mission for all the days of my life to give it my all. If we live this way we will be less likely to sign up for everything or say yes to anything. We will be more selective because we know that it has to receive our all. Whether a relationship, a workout, an eating plan, a work assignment, and anything God calls us to. Let us do it whole-heartedly.
- Seeking the will of God and doing just that. We shouldn’t go through life aimlessly or wasting time. We should move with a purpose and do it with our whole heart. I will say that it is absolutely ok if you don’t know your purpose or what God has called you to do. This is why we seek Him, and when you do He will answer you and show you. Once God confirms it, write the vision, pray on it, and begin to take action steps towards it. When we are in the will of God doors open that we couldn’t open ourselves. Blessings await when we operate in God’s plan for our lives. Doing it our way will only bring heartache and the lack of fulfillment (Joy, peace, prosperity). Scriptures to meditate on: Matthew 6:33 “But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Lastly, let’s move our bodies more! Wearing a Fitbit really does help me to keep track of my movement and motivates me to do more. It’s as if I compete with myself. When I notice my steps and motions less than they were the week before, I become motivated to do more. Laying your workout clothes out the night before will prompt you to workout the next day along with keeping a schedule that holds you accountable to your workouts.
Here’s to a thriving year this 2021! Let me know if you participate in the 365 days journey and if you incorporate any of the following steps into your year. Love, Virtual Hugs, and Blessings!
Leave a Reply